October 1, 2004
To: Donnie Woodworth
Subj: Thank You!
We had built two house prior to committing to a third in the Digby, Nova Scotia area. Linda's father, a respected builder in Connecticut, served as a general contractor for our first house. We used another to build the shell on the second and served as general contractor ourselves for the balance of the work. Many renovations and upgrades are also included in our experience.
The Digby project was especially challenging.
- The site: A cliff on the Bay of Fundy one mile off road and several miles from power
- We live and work in Connecticut making site visits very difficult
- The budget (always)
- The schedule (always)
It was essential to find a very established, professional contractor with extraordinary project management skills to assure success.
The project is done now and we obviously succeded in finding just such a contractor to work with. We could not have been happier with the building process, with you or the end result - our new home.
- Kevin took a design concept, a good one, and helped bring it to a much higher level.
- Tim Clayton - the Master Communicator - did an expceptional job coordinating all aspects of the project. The calls, faxes, and e-mails kept us completely up to speed through the process. There no unpleasant surprises which are all too common in the construction process.
- Lisa helped us design a delightful kitchen that fits our needs perfectly.
- Carl and his crew did a great job. His workmanship is masterful. I am an accomplished finish carpenter and I truly admire his work!
I could go on and on. Perhaps the best compliment I could pay to you and yours is that I would embark on another project with Allen Homes in an instant.
Joseph E. Johnson